May 22, 2007

great deals

Don't you love it when you are shopping, you get to the check-out, the cashier scans your item, and it comes up for a lot less than you thought you were buying it for?! Well I do!

We did a little impromptu shopping tonight. My car has been in the shop over the weekend and it was ready today, so we drove down to Temple to pick it up. On the way back, JM wanted to stop in Barnes and Noble to look for a journal, and I suggested stopping by Old Navy to look for him a messenger bag for the summer.....

Well we get to the shopping center and as we are walking up to Old Navy, there is a Rack Room Shoes. I have been on the hunt for the classic grey New Balance shoes, and have had NO luck. So thought why not stop in? Of course they didn't have them either, but we looked around anyway. I came across another pair of shoes I had been considering getting for the summer, and they were on sale!! Woohoo! So I decide to get them. They were only $20 and that's half of what I wanted to pay for the New Balances. I'll just have to wear my old ones on our weekend trips this summer.... Anyway, we get to the check out and they ring up $11.99!! So with tax I ended up paying about $13 bucks for those shoes.

So we head on to Old Navy. At first we really didn't see any back packs or men's bags, so we kind of parted and looked at clothing. I come back to John Mark and he's found a great messenger bag! It's not on sale though :( But since he really needs it, and it's getting close to the summer he decided to get it. Well we check out and the bag rings up half off!! Amazing!

High five to me for suggesting a stop at Old Navy!

No comments: